Skip to main content

I live in NYC. the Man. Cty Public Admin. Lawyer is handling the intestate est. with the letters of adm. issued 7 mo. ago.

New York, NY |

The Est. is basically a Coop. Apt. and there are about 2 1/2 yrs of rent arrears + legal fees
due now. I am one of two heirs. the other heir resides in the
apt. and has never paid any of the bills, but was a primary caregiver to our surviving parent
and is or might be proven to be disabled

I was paying for everything after the surviving parent passed away Intestate 5 1/2 yrs ago
until I ran out of money a few yrs ago.
I now have the ability to pay all $$$ due but I would then want to:

A. pull the estate admin. away from the public adm.'s office
B. force the other heir out of the apartment so that the estate can be properly sold at the best price without any possibility of the apt. being sold at auction and to also lower the expenses and shorten the time in probate
help ?!

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3

Best Answer

Your proposed course of action seems reasonable and plausible, under the circumstances. The only thing you appear to be lacking is an attorney that can assist you in getting things done the way that you need them to be. If you do not know who to turn to, you can click the "find a lawyer" link at the bottom of the screen, enter probate litigation and NY, NY. That will help you get started.

Best of luck to you and best wishes for a successful outcome!

James Frederick

***Please be sure to mark if you find the answer "helpful" or a "best" answer. Thank you! I hope this helps. ***************************************** LEGAL DISCLAIMER I am licensed to practice law in the State of Michigan and have offices in Wayne and Ingham Counties. My practice is focused in the areas of estate planning and probate administration. I am ethically required to state that the above answer does not create an attorney/client relationship. These responses should be considered general legal education and are intended to provide general information about the question asked. Frequently, the question does not include important facts that, if known, could significantly change the answer. Information provided on this site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed attorney that practices in your state. The law changes frequently and varies from state to state. If I refer to your state's laws, you should not rely on what I say; I just did a quick Internet search and found something that looked relevant that I hoped you would find helpful. You should verify and confirm any information provided with an attorney licensed in your state. I hope you our answer helpful!


You will need your own attorney to accomplish your objectives.
No one can help you but to advise you be represented by local counsel.

The answer given does not imply that an attorney-client relationship has been established and your best course of action is to have legal representation in this matter.


Consult with an experienced local probate lawyer immediately.

If this answer is helpful, then please mark the helpful button. If this is the best answer, then please indicate it. Thanks. For further information you should see an attorney and discuss the matter completely. If you are in the New York City area, then you can reach me during normal business hours at 718 329 9500 or