Skip to main content

I live in GA and my child's mother lives in FL. What do I need to do to file for a hearing regarding visitation rights?

Atlanta, GA |

She has 2 children, only 1 of which is mine. When I try to come get my child, she tells me I have to take the other child with me also. I want visitation rights so that I can see my daughter regularly without always having to argue about only taking her when the other child is not my responsibility.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Simple answers take both kids and enjoy being a part of a child life that needs someone to love and take care of it.

I’m sure the children love being together and spending time with each other. Who knows maybe you will have one more person to love you when your old and in a nursing home and need someone to change your dipper. Take tomorrow and walk though a nursing home and see what I’m talking about.

Or you can find an Attorney in Florida spend $$$$ that you could spend on taking the kids to Disney World and file for custody and visitation. After a long drawn out custody battle time off work and alienation of one child you can have your visitation right established. If you and your child’s mother were never married you will need to legitimate the child first and then file for visitation right.
Sit down with your child’s mother and see if you can work out something before you go and just start filling lawsuits. Good luck.

Singleton & Singleton and Singleton LLC

NOTE: This answer is made available by a lawyer for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed professional attorney that practices in your state in the subject practice discipline and with whom you have an attorney client relationship along with all the privileges that relationship provides. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question.