Skip to main content

I live in colorado and pled guilty not knowing my rights or anything for a DV case, is there anyway i can get it off my record?

Colorado |

I didnt leave any marks and the cops took me, after spending a couple of days and no money and was told i wasnt destitute enough for a public defender i paniced and pled guilty to a attempted 3rd degree assault, now i cant get alot of jobs solely because of my record what can i do?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


If you pled guilty after being advised by the court and signed the necessary paperwork it will be difficult to vacate the plea and sentence. Only if you are in custody do you automatically get a Public Defender (irrespective of financial eligibility). Otherwise, you must meet financial eligibility to get the public defender.

Just because you panicked is not sufficient cause to set aside your plea.

Best of Luck

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer