Skip to main content

I live in a family members home in Calif that is being forclosed. How will I know when I need to move?

Rancho Cordova, CA |

I live in my siblings home in Rancho Cordova, CA that is being foreclosed on. Will the new owner (bank or lending Co.) serve me with papers to move? The sibling who owned the home is giving me various time lines of when I need to move. Will I qualify for Cash for Keys or will my sibling who does not live in the home receive that? We have no written agreements of any kind.

+ Read More

Filed under: Foreclosure
Attorney answers 1


You will receive a formal legal notice from the sheriff or the new owner. You will then have 90 days to move under Federal law. You can always negotiate an earlier move out in return for cash.