Skip to main content

I leave in sherman tx,and got my 4th dwi since 94 but so far it only shows i have3

Sherman, TX |
Attorney answers 3


You need to speak with a good criminal defense lawyer in your community ASAP.

You have actually not asked a question here, but I will lay out some general legal principles you might want to go over with whomever you consult.

[1] DWI with a child in the car is a state jail (bottom level) felony if the child was under 15 years old.

[2] No matter how old the DWI convictions are, if a person has at least 2 prior DWI conviction, they can be charged with felony DWI under Texas law.

My last thought is that you need to get with a good DWI criminal lawyer ASAP. That lawyer can give you advice specific to your situation and can do a full evaluation of the case to see if you may have a defense. That lawyer guarantees...but may be able to approach the prosecutor to try to limit your exposure through negotiation.

Answers on Avvo are for general information purposes only and should not be relied upon as legal advice. No attorney / client relationship is created by providing this answer. For specific advice about your situation, you should consult a competent attorney of your choosing.


It's not clear what your question is, but you'll definitely want to hire an attorney. Good luck.


The offense is always referred to as a DWI 3rd even if it is a fourth, fifth, sixth, etc.

Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers offers everyone a free consultation to discuss their case. Feel free to call her office at 214-365-9800 to make an appointment (phones are answered 24 hours) or visit her website at for more information about her services and recent victories.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer