Skip to main content

I know that I am being investigated. But I have not been told by police. What do I do?

New York, NY |

OK, I know for a fact that I am being investigated by the police. Friends have dropped out of my life for no reason. Any job I get now, people seem to avoid me at all cost when ever I begin to work( I end up leaving ). I know that I have been fallowed by undercover cops on different times. I know that I am not being paranoid. I strongly believe that I am being investigated. Is there anything legal counsel I can get to help me figure out my options? I really am SCARED! THIS IS NOT A JOKE!

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Do you know what branch of law enforcement is investigating you? Do you know what you are being investigated for? How long has this been going on? A criminal defense lawyer might be able to make some calls to see what is going on.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and have been doing criminal defense work for over 16 years. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012 and 2013. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. Martindale-Hubbell has given me its highest rating - AV Preeminent - in the areas of Criminal Law, Personal Injury, and Litigation. According to Martindale-Hubbell”AV Preeminent is a significant rating accomplishment - a testament to the fact that a lawyer's peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence." Fewer than 8% of attorneys achieve an AV Preeminent rating. I also have the highest ranking – “superb” – on Avvo. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me. The above answer, and any follow up comments or emails is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.


You should get a lawyer. Hiring a lawyer will allow you to fully discuss your concerns and the possible/pending investigation. It will also allow you and your counsel to be prepared and on the same page if you are arrested and charged with a crime.


Retain a criminal defense lawyer.

If this answer is helpful, then please mark the helpful button. If this is the best answer, then please indicate it. Thanks. For further information you should see an attorney and discuss the matter completely. If you are in the New York City area, then you can reach me during normal business hours at 718 329 9500 or