Skip to main content

I know someone who is bring charged with 5 accounts of child pornography it was on his phone which he shared with roomates

Daytona Beach, FL |

one of his roomates already has a record and is out on bond for doing an act with a 13 yrs old. this someone who is being charged did not do this on the phone but because it is his phone and in his name he is being charged. hes a first offender and never been in trouble or anything like this before what do we do.. how do we get him out of this and prove he didn't do it. he is being told he can get 18 to 90 yrs. my god. he didn't do anything. he doesn't have any money to get a real lawyer. what do we do. this is not right at all. this is in the state of illinois

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


He needs to bend over and… sounds like a very serious charge. You are responsible for what is on your phone. At least in Florida, he would be facing many years of imprisonment. Repost this question on an Illinois criminal defense website.

The information provided is not legal advice from Criminal Defense Lawyer Albert Quirantes, or the Ticket Law Center in Miami, Florida. There is no attorney client privilege created in this communication. Do not send questions which are confidential in nature by either this venue or via email. Personal questions should be asked in person or via telephonic conference only. You should only ask theoretical questions of a general nature.


Due to a quirk in the way AVVO categories questions, this originally went out as an Entertainment Law question. I changed the category to Criminal Defense so the criminal defense attorneys will see it and you can get some answers. Your best course is to get advice from an Illinois attorney, and since you are shown to be in Florida, it's not that likely that IL lawyers will see your question. You could post it again and use Illinois as your location, but I don't think it's smart to post any facts about this case in a public forum because it could possibly be used against your friend in a court proceeding since the fact situation is unique. Your best bet is to look in the AVVO lawyers' directory and find a criminal lawyer in Illinois, and see if you can ask some questions.

As far as getting a "real" lawyer, if your friend has a public defender, he does have a real lawyer, albeit possibly one with a very busy schedule.

Please note that nothing in this note should be taken as legal advice. I do not practice law in this subject area nor do I practice in Illinois, so I'm just trying to help out with a little personal opinion.

If my answer was helpful to you, I would appreciate if you would mark it either "helpful" or "best answer" if you feel that applies, as AVVO gives us rating points based on feedback. Thank you! Please note that the above answer is not to be construed as legal advice. It is my personal opinion based on your question, and it was given without obtaining the detailed information that I would normally request in order to render comprehensive legal advice. I advise you to consult with a local attorney of your choosing to obtain specific legal advice. The fact that I answered your question does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and me.


These are tough situations. He needs a good lawyer in Illinois. It is his life!