Skip to main content

I just received a dwi I took the test and blew .12. They are also charging me with reckless driving. This is my first arrest.

El Paso, TX |
Attorney answers 4


It's a Class B misdemeanor, so the maximum punishment is 180 days in jail ot 2 years probation and a $2,000 fine. If you plea, you will have a permanent conviction and DPS surcharges of $1,000 a year for three years. Your insurance will also skyrocket for seven years. There are many ways to beat a DWI and prevent all of this. You need to find a DWI attorney in your area to fight this for you.

Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers offers everyone a free consultation to discuss their case. Feel free to call her office at 214-365-9800 to make an appointment (phones are answered 24 hours) or visit her website at for more information about her services and recent victories.


Hire a DUI attorney ASAP.


If you blow over .08 on a DWI you need an experienced DWI attorney. Just because you blew over .08 doesn't mean that you might now have a defense with a good DWI lawyer. A first DWI is a class "b" misdemeanor and carries up to 180 days in jail and a fine up to a $2000 fine or up to 2 years probation.
Austin Jail Release and Bond Assistance
Austin Probation Lawyer
Austin DWI Lawyer

My answers are intended only as general legal advice and are not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. There is no substitute for a full consultation with a local experienced criminal defense attorney. For more answers based on my 19 years of experience visit my website,


You are facing your first opportunity to need a really good criminal defense attorney. Call a DWI/DUI Defense attorney promptly.

Answers provided on Avvo does not form an attorney-client relationship or indicate that the attorney represents or even will represent the client. Responses to questions are provided and based upon the facts as stated in the question. While attorneys attempt to make a complete and accurate response, there is no guaranty or warranty that the response is correct. You are encouraged to seek qualified counsel, licensed in the state(s) which have jurisdiction over the matters for advice. You are also encouraged to be careful as to your postings as the postings are not confidential.