I just got a dui, and i have a prior wet and wreckless. what penalties will i be facing?

Coalinga, CA |

When did the "wet reckless" occur? If it was within ten years, it counts as a prior DUI conviction.

Punishment for a second DUI within ten years includes up to a year in jail with a mandatory minimum of ten days, a two year drivers license suspension and an 18 month DUI offender school. The court can also require you to install an ignition interlock device, which is a breath tester that prevents your car from starting if there's alcohol on your breath.

You could also be facing up to 90 days jail if you were still on probation for the Wet Reckless when arrested for the DUI.

If the prior wet reckless was within the last 10 years it will be counted as a prior DUI conviction. Additionally if you are still on probation you will also have a pending probation violation. The mandatory minimum is 96 hours in jail but most prosecutors will seek a much longer jail sentence. You should hire a DUI attorney to assist you.
Robert Driessen

If the wet reckless is within 10 years of the current DUI, then your looking at a 2nd time DUI. The penalties are 10 days to one year in custody, about an $1800.00 fine and a multiple offender DUI school (18 months). Additionally, you will face a license suspension by the DMV.
You should contact a local DUI attorney for help. You might be able to reduce the impact of this current DUI.

All of the responses are correct- as we already discussed. Call my office with further questions.

Andrew Roberts
(805) 496-7777