I just found out that instead of sponsoring my boyfriends parents I sponsored his wife and baby can I get out this?

Suffern, NY |

I am a us citizen and make enough for support he is a citizen but does not make enough money I just want to not be held responsible for any of them

Did you not read the Affidavit of Support Form before you signed it? You would have had to list all immigrants you were agreeing to support. Schedule a consultation with an immigration attorney immediately to find out if there is any way to withdraw your Affidavit.

You can try by sending a letter withdrawing your Affidavit based on fraud and false material representations with which you were lured into providing an Affidavit that you thought was for someone else..

But you had the obligation and responsibility to read and examine the contents of the document you signed..

Try, you may succeed, if you can successfully allege fraud and misrepresentation of a material fact.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

Execution of the I-864 Affidavit of Support is an enforceable contract against the affiant (in this case, against you). However, the obligation only begins after the sponsored immigrant acquires permanent residence. The obligation continues until the immigrant is naturalized. You may be able to withdraw it if the obligation has not yet commenced, or arrange for a substitute sponsor. You will have to contact USCIS. Good luck. I hope this helps. If this answer helped you, kindly consider marking it as "Helpful" or "Best Answer".

Mr. Murray's response is NOT legal advice and does NOT create an attorney-client relationship. You should NOT rely on this response. Mr. Murray's response was generated without conducting a full inquiry as would occur during a face to face attorney-client consultation. It is likely that the response above may be made less accurate, or become entirely inaccurate, as you, i.e. the questioner, disclose additional facts that should only be discussed during a private consultation with an attorney. I strongly recommend that you consult an attorney who is licensed to practice law in your state, whereupon all relevant facts will be discussed. All responses posted by Mr. Murray on Avvo.com are intended as general information for the education of the public, and not for any specific individual.

Dean P Murray

Dean P Murray

Please do not hesitate to call me if you have additional questions or concerns. My office is close to Suffern. My number is (201)875-2600 and my email address is dmurray@deanmurraylaw.com.