I just checked my divorce status on e courts and it said "uncontested matrimonial judgement signed" and "case status: disposed".

Flushing, NY |

Does this mean that I got my divorce?

Best Answer

Yes, the Judgment has been signed and the case closed. You may now go and request a Certified copy and pay a fee for that privilege.

Good luck. You're now divorced.

You may call our office at 516-248-6600 or send an email to us at Ted@Thelawteam.com. This answer does not form an attorney/client relationship with anyone and any answers do not constitute direct legal advice and should not be followed unless and until you have spoken with an attorney of your choice.

Isn't there a 2 week wait before you can get the certified copy?

Theodore W. Robinson

Theodore W. Robinson

Sometimes it takes the clerk's office a little while to file things, but it shouldn't take too long. Call and ask them if you don't want to make the trip there to find out. Good luck.

Last question. If I had a lawyer, wouldn't the lawyer take care of getting the notified copy and send me a copy as well? Thank you so much for your time!

Theodore W. Robinson

Theodore W. Robinson

Yes, the lawyer would obtain a certified copy of the Divorce Decree and serve the other party with it under normal conditions so that both are notified. Good luck. Ted Robinson www.thelawteam.com (516) 248-6600

Yes.

IMPORTANT LEGAL NOTICE: Ms. Brown’s response to the question above is not legal advice and it does not create an attorney-client relationship. All of Ms. Brown’s responses to questions posted on AVVO are intended as general information based upon the facts stated in the question, and are provided for educational purposes of the public, not any specific individual. If you would like to obtain specific legal advice about this issue, please contact an attorney in your state. Ms. Brown is licensed to practice law in New York. If you would like to contact her directly for a legal consultation, you may do so by calling 718-878-6886 during regular business hours, or anytime by email at: marykatherinebrown@hotmail.com