Skip to main content

I injured my arm at work, when i tried to report my injury to my boss, a few day later i was termenated for falsefying documents

Bedford, TX |

I injured my arm when i slipped and fell on a wet surface,i reported it to my boss, my arm started giving me problems,i brought my arm up again, a few days later i was terminated, what should i do

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


You may have a claim against your employer for retaliating against you because you pursued a workers' comp claim. You will need to discuss these details with an attorney to know whether it is worth pursuing. However, you need to file your workers' compensation claim and get it on the right track. This usually means hiring a good attorney and getting to the right doctors. Let me know if I can help in either regard.


Did you falsify some documents? That is grounds for termination, whether you have a WC injury or not.

We give free general concepts to be helpful, but you should give ALL your facts to a licensed Attorney in your state before you RELY upon any legal advice.


I have seen it happen in some occasion where an employee has a work injury which actually causes the employer and carrier to look into a person's employment file and history simply because of an open claim. And, upon doing so, they find actual cause for firing, such as a criminal history that was requested but wasn't reported at the time of application. The employer will likely survive any claim of retaliation because the scrutiny wasn't strictly to retaliate but to look for defenses on the work injury claim. Nevertheless, if a good work comp doctor has you off legitimately of work because of the injury, as opposed to light duty, you should be able to have some income benefits. I agree with Mr. Lewis in that you should file the claim and get in with a good work comp Attorney and Doctor.