Skip to main content

I hit someone's car and I leave and I leave...

Las Vegas, NV |

I don't know what's gonna happen now...???, but I leave because I was scared, but I don't even crash the other car or make the bumper to come down, I just touch it with my car, I think I just was a small dent, but I feel guilty because I should talk to the person was driving the other car..., too late now

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


You should immediately consult an experienced criminal defense attorney licensed in the jurisdiction where this occurred. The range of possible outcomes is great, and you need good legal advice.

This answer is intended to be taken as general information and not as specific legal advice. You should always consult a qualified attorney and make him familiar with all the relevant facts in order to get proper legal advice. Every case is different, and they must be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. David N. Smith 812 W. 11th Street, Suite 201 Austin TX 78701 (512) 457-0100


You should return to the scene and, if the car is still there, leave a note with your name, phone number and insurance information. If you don't do this, you could face criminal charges.

Nothing in this communication should be construed as creating an attorney client relationship. This is for informational purposes only. Attorney will take no action on your behalf unless and until a written retainer agreement is signed. There are strict time deadlines on filing claims and, as such, you are advised to consult with and retain an attorney immediately to file such claims timely or you will lose any right to recovery.


If you have the money hire a criminial lawyer. Tell the lawyer what happned. Call your insurance company RIGHT NOW if you want to be able to relie on them. Tell them what happaned, if the criminal lawyer tells you it is ok. Tell them you want a lawyer assigned under your polocy and that you need to speek with him right now. The links may be helpful

The materials available at this web site are for informational purposes only and not for the purpose of providing legal advice. You should contact your attorney to obtain advice with respect to any particular issue or problem. Use of and access to this Web site or any of the e-mail links contained within the site do not create an attorney-client relationship between Howard Roitman, Esq. and the user or browser. The opinions expressed at or through this site are the opinions of the individual author and may not reflect the opinions of the firm or any individual attorney.