Skip to main content

I hit a pole with my friends truck. He let me borrow it and it has been over a month and he hasn't told me what he wants to do.

Shreveport, LA |

His insurance covers it but he has a 1000 deductible. Am I forced to pay the 1000?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Paying the $1,000 seems like it would be the right thing to do for your friend.



Hes not really a friend he's more of just someone I work with. I know its the right thing to pay him but he has been screwing me over. Can he take legal action against me if I don't pay?

Kevin Coluccio

Kevin Coluccio




You caused the damage didn't you? Is it right for your friend to pay for your accident?

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755


I agree with both of my colleagues. Pay your friend the $1000.00 and keep the friendship. However, if he knew you were not able to drive or you were inebriated or impaired, then I would not give him a dime. Best of luck.

This answer is provided by Manuel A. Juarez, Esq., El Abogado de Accidentes de Autos de California: 510-206-4492. El Abogado de Accidentes de Autos provides answers of a general context. These answers are not intended to form an attorney client relationship. El abogado de Accidentes de Autos y Lesiones Personales is licensed only in California. This information is good only in California and it is not to be taken as legal advice on car accidents, personal injury, divorce, bankruptcy or in any other type of situation. Esta respuesta es del Abogado de Accidentes de Autos y Lesiones Personales de Acidentes de carros, Manuel A. Juárez, 510-206-4492. Abogado Hispano de Accidentes, Divorcios, Abogado Latino de Accidentes, y Abogado de Acidentes de Oakland, Hayward, San Francisco, y California. Estas respuesta son solo para información general y no consisten en consejo legal sobre divorcios, mantención de esposas, mantención de hijos o bancarrotas. Las respuestas son comentarios legales que no forman una relación de abogado y cliente. Manuel Juarez, Esq., esta licenciado solo en el Estado de California.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer