I heard Avvo.com complies with subpoenas. Is that true?

Kohler, WI |

You should never post anything on a public forum which could incriminate you. Avvo's policy regarding information disclosure must be directed to them. http://www.avvo.com/about_avvo/overview

If this Answer was of assistance please mark it as "helpful." Mr. Pascale is licensed to practice law in the State of New York. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and time-lines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Pascale strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in their state in order to insure proper advice is received.

Avvo participating attorneys are not authorized to respond for Avvo.
I am sure they do when compelled by law.

The above is general legal and business analysis. It is not "legal advice" but analysis, and different lawyers may analyse this matter differently, especially if there are additional facts not reflected in the question. I am not your attorney until retained by a written retainer agreement signed by both of us. I am only licensed in California. See also avvo.com terms and conditions item 9, incorporated as if it was reprinted here.

Contact the folks at AVVO directly.

We are not employees of Avvo and cannot answer for them. But, every company is required to honor or contest lawful subpoenas, and Avvo is no exception. If you are asking because you made an admission against interest, yes you can expect Avvo will release your contact information if they have it and are subpoenaed to provide it. Read there terms and conditions if you have any doubt. Post accordingly.

I am not your lawyer and you are not my client. Free advice here is without recourse and any reliance thereupon is at your sole risk. This is done without compensation as a free public service. I am licensed in IL, MO, TX and I am a Reg. Pat. Atty. so advice in any other jurisdiction is strictly general advice and should be confirmed with an attorney licensed in that jurisdiction.