Skip to main content

I havent seen my son in 3 and a half yrs and his mom doesnt want me in his life at all we agreed to sign my rights

San Antonio, TX |

His mother doesn't want me in the babies life at all she just wanta a lump sum of cash can somebody walk me through the process so I know what kinda of to expect

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


There are a number of attorneys that offer free initial consultations. Call one of their offices and see if you can't speak with one. Make sure they are licensed in Texas. With what you are trying to do, there are a number of considerations the court will take into consideration. That initial consultation can be used to get at least a 'big picture' idea. You may still need to hire an attorney to draft paperwork and push through the case.

This answer is intended for informational and educational purposes only and should not be considered legal advice nor forming the attorney client relationship. This attorney is licensed in Texas.


She cant make you do anything and legally she isn't permitted to withhold the child from you. If you agree to terminate your rights, you won't owe her anything in child support as long as you address the issue of arrears, if any. This situation is complicated so you should speak to an experienced family law attorney before making a huge decision like this. You have rights so don't sign anything without speaking to someone first.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer