I HAVEA FRIEND THAT WANTS TO GET DIVORCED FROM HER HUSBAND. HE WAS DEPORTED TO COLUMBIA APPRX, 6 YEARS AGO. HER STATUS IS ILEGAL

Deerfield Beach, FL |

WHAT DOES SHE NEED TO DO TO GET THIS STARTED.

She can still file for a divorce here n Florida. I've never seen a judge check the immigration status of someone seeking a divorce. But I can understand why your friend would be reluctant to go to court. She should contact an attorney to speak to somebody about her issues and how they can be resolved.

She needs to hire a divorce lawyer to help with 'service by publication'.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

She should consult with a divorce lawyer.

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 s.ouya@mainalaw.com Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104

You should contact a divorce lawyer regarding the required steps.

Hi, Your friend can still obtain a divorce, as long as she is a resident of the State of Florida for atleast 6 months prior to filing. Please contact me at (954) 315-1160 if she wishes to obtain a consultation regarding this matter.

Romaine Brown, Esq.
barristerbrown.com
(954) 315-1160