Skip to main content

I have warrants and my license is suspended due to the warrants, how do I get out of the situation without going broke?

Dallas, TX |
Attorney answers 2


Warrants for traffic tickets I presume. If so, first you need an attorney to post an attorney bond ensuring your appearance and setting a court date. (that's assuming these aren't warrants based on your prior agreement to pay a fine and then failing to do so). Then you need to figure out why your license is suspended and what steps through DPS it will take to clear your DL. You can check your DPS suspension on the weblink below.
You need an attorney to get this done for you so that you won't be arrested when you're not expecting it. Feel free to contact me if you have questions about your options.

Good luck

Answers on Avvo are for general information purposes only and should not be relied upon as legal advice. No attorney / client relationship is created by providing this answer. For specific advice about your situation, you should consult a competent attorney of your choosing


I would definitely hire an attorney who specializes in tickets to help you sort all this out. It will save you money, I promise. The attorney can post bonds on all warrants that are bondable and help you dispose of the non-bondable warrants as quickly as possible. He can also help you sort out with DPS exactly what holds are on your license and how to lift them. If you delay in disposing of tickets, the municipal court can attach an omni fee, which puts a hold on your license. The ticket has to be disposed of, then the omni fee can be paid to lift that hold. Finally, DPS is offering surcharge reductions and waivers who people who qualify. There are a lot of moving parts as you are realizing. I do recommend finding a ticket lawyer to help you through it.

Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers offers everyone a free consultation to discuss their case. Feel free to call her office at 214-365-9800 to make an appointment (phones are answered 24 hours) or visit her website at for more information about her services and recent victories.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer