Skip to main content

I have unpaid probation fines from 14 years ago in NC for DUI. It was a misd. Would I have a warrant for arrest now?

Thomasville, NC |

I got a DUI in NC 14 years ago. I was put on probation and later moved back home to VA. I never paid my fines. I was a kid then but it still worry about it. If I was to get pulled over in NC now would I go to jail?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


Call the court and ask. If you need an attorney here is a directory:


This answer does not create an attorney/client relationship. If your DUI is 14 years old and you did not do your probation then you were probably charged with a probation violation. They probably also issued an Order for your Arrest. You can call the sheriff's department in the county in which your were arrested for DUI and they can tell you whether or not a warrant was issued. If a warrant was issued then yes, you would get arrested and possibly go to jail. My concern would be when your driver's license would not be renewed. VA and NC should share a compact together so if you are charged in one state, the other should eventually find out. You need to contact a NC attorney.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer