Skip to main content

I have to turn myself in for 5 warrents ,3 for a misdemenor probation violation 90 days do i need a lawyer can i get house arr..

New Bern, NC |

plus the other 2 ,one is a dui and the other one i a speeding ticket.dont have a bad record what would be the best thing for me to do,how much time is i'am looking at what could be a good option for me not really trying to get locked up

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


You need to hire an experienced criminal defense attorney ASAP to represent you. Especially if you are on misdemeanor probation. 5 separate offenses, 3 for probation violations, exposure to a 90 day jail sentence is a serious matter. Get counsel!

I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this response on the avvo website. I have not been retained to represent you. I am licensed to practice law in Kentucky and in federal court in this state and the Southern District of Indiana. You need to seek legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your area..

Michael Curtis Greenberg

Michael Curtis Greenberg



Given that you have 5 outstanding warrants and are on probation I would strongly advise you to hire an attorney. You do not mention if you have posted bond on any of these cases. Given your facts a judge would be likely to take you into custody if you showed up in court on your own to deal with this case without bond being posted.


I will echo the previous statements that you need to get in touch with a Criminal Defense lawyer here in Eastern, NC. Before going into private practice I handled thousands of DWI cases (not DUI). The important thing to remember about DWI cases is that they are VERY technical and it is best, as with any area of the law, to hire an attorney who does this as a speciality and knows the relevant law.

As a practical matter, before you turn yourself in you should speak with a bail bondsman and get any money you have available. This will keep your initial jail time to a minimum. Most likely, the probation violations are something your DWI lawyer will be able to handle along with your DWI case.

Nothing in this question should be taken as legal advice or resulting in an attorney/client relationship. Anyone facing a legal issue of this kind should speak to an attorney personally about their legal options, giving them the full facts of their particular situation.


You need to contact counsel asap and have them indicate to the State Attorney that (1) you intend to self-surrender and coordinate a date (2) inform the state as to your reason (hopefully justifiable) as to why you have not appeared/have 5 warrants out/violated probation and (3) seek an agreement from the state permitting continued release if possible.

Without more, it is difficult to predict an outcome, but it will not look favorably should you be brought in forcefully as opposed to willingly should your end desire be to stay out of jail.

Please be advised that nothing in this posting is meant to supplement the advice of an attorney and The Law Office of Robert J. Lee, P.A. and/or Robert J. Lee has not undertaken any professional responsibility with regard to your case unless otherwise agreed. Robert J. Lee is not licensed in NC and this information is not to be construed as legal advice.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer