Skip to main content

I have to apply for my husband who is in mexico we will be appying in mexico do you no how long it takes to get a green card ?

Grand Rapids, MI |

he has been living in mexico 3 years now and was caught living in the u.s but left here on his own

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Depends on your status and his immigration history.

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case. You can find one through

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.


We would need to ask you and your husband many questions in order to determine whether he would be eligible to return legally to the United States. It sounds quite likely that he would need a waiver of one or more grounds of inadmissibility. Depending on his prior immigration history and criminal history (if any), he might or might not be eligible to apply for the waiver.

Please consult with an immigration attorney to have the best chance of success.

Michael Carlin
Immigration Attorney

Law Office of Michael Carlin PLLC
3365 Washtenaw Avenue, Suite 209
Ann Arbor, Michigan 48104
Phone: 734.369.3131
Fax: 734.259.4801
Website: Sitio en español:
Facebook: Twitter:

(734) 369-3131. This communication does not establish and attorney-client relationship with the Law Office of Michael Carlin PLLC or any individual member of the office. Confidential information should not be sent through this form.


He needs a waiver. Will take from year to two and you need an immigration attorney. I assumed you are a USC.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.For legal advice please contact us directly through one of the above.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer