Skip to main content

I have some question about deffered youn action

West Palm Beach, FL |

I'm sending the application for my 2 daughters (17 and 15 years old).
they came to USA in 1999.
I have school record, medical exam, criminal record ( clean ), I have a document about community service, medical history, letters from friends talking about their good moral and characte, school id, and copies of their passport, showing the date their entered in the USA , I-94, and the last passport they have. but the passport is expired since may 2012. can this be a problem?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5

Best Answer

It should not be.

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created.



plus i have a copy of birth certificate in Portuguese and in English with a declaration of the interpreter.


If your daughters are not in removal proceedings at the present time applying for deferred action may not be a good idea. Note that deferred action will defer removal (deportation) for two years and will not provide legal status. However, it will allow your daughters to file for employment authorization. Your younger daughter is too young to work within the 2 year period so this filing may not provide any benefits to her. Please consult with an Immigration attorney before filing to discuss risks and benefits of this program.

Payam Yazdani, Esq.
Bloomfield & Kempf, LLP
175 South 3rd Street #505 Columbus, OH 43215‎
(614) 592-7827


This will not be a problem.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.


I strongly suggest that you consult with an experienced immigration attorney. While the application process seems simple on its face, there are in fact many pitfalls. Having qualified counsel assist you will well be worth the price.

While this answer is provided by a Florida Bar Certified Expert in Immigration and Nationality Law, it is for general information purposes only and an attorney/client relationship is neither intended nor created. You should seek out qualified counsel to review your case and provide you with advice specific to your situation.


I strongly suggest that you consult with a qualified immigration attorney before submitting your applications.