Skip to main content

I have received ticket for not stopping at stop sign.Is it possible to remove this ticket from record?

Fort Collins, CO |

Having this ticket on record hurts with insurance premium. I do not have any points on my record. Does State Approved Traffic School is a great way to dismiss traffic ticket in state of Colorado? Any other ideas to lower insurance premium ?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Unfortunately you can not seal or expunge a traffic ticket from your record in CO.

The information provided in this answer does not create an attorney-client relationship. If you are interested in his legal services, feel free to call Chris at (303) 409-7635 at his law office in the Denver Tech Center. All initial consultations are free of charge.


You don't have to plead guilty. These types of cases are plead down on a regular basis and if you are willing to do traffic school that can be used in plea negotiations.

Kent J. Leier
The Leier Law Office

The Leier Law Office, LLC, 110 East Oak St. Ste. 220, Fort Collins, CO. Call 970-682-4581 for a free consultation. The answer above does not form an attorney client relationship and does not substitute for advice that can be obtained during an in depth initial consultation.

Christopher Daniel Leroi

Christopher Daniel Leroi


My colleague is correct. The way that you phrased your question, I thought that you already had pled guilty and were trying to now "get rid of it" after the damage was already done.


One of the most effective ways to lower insurance premiums is to shop carriers. While this doesn't really address the criminal issue, different carriers view minor traffic offenses differently.

In terms of reducing the ticket offering to attend traffic school will help, you might also volunteer to do community service which isn't usually given on traffic tickets to help you get a reduction.

These statements do not constitute legal advice. They are meant to be general in nature, for any specific legal questions you should always seek the counsel of an experienced attorney.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer