Skip to main content

I have received a letter from the USCIS denying my I -485 app. for adjustment of status as per 212(a)(6)(C)(i). I came to the US

Troy, MI |

I'm currently in Troy MI, married to US CITIZEN , with 3 US born children

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4

Best Answer

Based on your statement, it appears that USCIS concluded that you made a misrepresentation to US immigration officials. Again, based on your statement, it appears that you might be eligible to apply for a waiver of this ground of inadmissibility. I strongly suggest that you consult with an immigration lawyer as soon as possible about the possibility of a waiver, and/or other options.

(734) 369-3131. This communication does not establish and attorney-client relationship with the Law Office of Michael Carlin PLLC or any individual member of the office. Confidential information should not be sent through this form.


You will need a waiver. Had you had an immigraiton lawyer on board, you would have known that by now and saved your money on refiling or reopening. You have 30 days to seek reopening and it will not be easy since it will be hard to convince USCIS that the documentation and information needed for the waiver was not available to you during the AOS interview. Hire an immigraiton attorney this time. Please do not continue waisting money and time.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.


What misrepresentation did they accuse you of?

You will need a waiver ... hire a lawyer ... this is serious.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.



They accused me of misrepresentation of material fact. My asylum attorneys, based in CA, were arrested in 2009. I want to concede to misrepresentation of material fact but appeal to judge's discretion that my 3 children will be in serious hardship. I am a teacher and my wife is a stay- home mom. She has been home with our kids since 2007.

F. J. Capriotti III

F. J. Capriotti III


Forget about trying to appeal to the Judge ... he/she doesn't have discretion. You need a waiver .... and a lawyer.


You indicated that "I have received a letter from the USCIS denying my I -485 app". That sencence alone calls for a very attentive legal immigration practitioner to review your entire submission and remedy the situation as may be possible under these condidions.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional information, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and materials provided above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual and legal circumstances related to one's personal legal issues. Contact an experienced lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a competent legal advice before making any important decisions about your particular legal issue. For further inquiries please contact: Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko 1021 West Adams, 102, Chicago, Illinois 60607 773-562-8602