Skip to main content

I have now been representing myself in a dui case,can i still ask for a public defender in my case?

Fernandina Beach, FL |
Attorney answers 6


Yes, you can ask the court appoint you a PD for the VOP. You'll need to fill out an affidavit of insolvency and the court will make a determination whether you qualify for the appointment of the PD.

Best of luck!

Posting an answer to your question does not create an attorney / client relationship such that you can or should rely on the information provided herein to take action. Instead, it is intended to simply provide you with information. I am not your lawyer and cannot provide you with legal advice unless and until I am hired to do so.


The only thing standing between you and the appointment of a public defender is a financial affidavit.

Free Consultations can be made by calling 407-617-1064. Please understand that the information given is not to be construed as legal advice. More information would be needed in order to make more accurate legal determinations on your matter. Furthermore, an attorney-client relationship does not begin until a retainer agreement has been signed by the attorney and client.


You can ask for a public defender at any time and if you qualify, one may be appointed to your case.
Good luck


Yes, you are entitled to a public defender.

If you'd like to speak about the facts of your case, I would be happy to provide a free consultation.

Andrew M. Bonderud, Esq.
The Bonderud Law Firm, P.A.
Office: 904-438-8082

Andrew M. Bonderud, Esq. is an attorney The Bonderud Law Firm, P.A. He offers free consultations 24/7. You can reach him at 904-438-8082. Andrew's posting here is not to be considered legal advice nor does an attorney-client relationship exist.


please be very careful. Judge Poole is new to the bench and you should get someone who knows him well and knows the system up there. I am happy to talk to you, please dont hesitate to call.



Yes, you may still apply for the services of a public defender. I encourage you to retain an attorney to represent you.

For more information or to set up a free initial consultation contact attorney Maggie Gutierrez who is on call 24/7 at 305-394-7100 or email This answer does not, nor is it intended to, create an attorney-client relationship. It is offered for informational purposes only. If you find my answer helpful, please make sure to mark your choice. Consult with a licensed attorney before making any legal decisions.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer