Skip to main content

I have no mortgage, currently pending final decision toward disabled widows benefit is there an exemption for me?

Modesto, CA |

I am under age 62, severe fibromyalgia, arthritis, de generative L-spine, sciatic, now morbid obese (at least 100 pounds overweight), have terrible mental side effects to Rx so I limit use, tapered down and off Cymbalta since May 2012, I sell anything I receive as gifts and am on food stamps, mom died and she was supporting utilities and HOA until she died, I exist by grace of God as the saying goes. Am hopeless toward winning SS case.

HOA has sent intent to sell my condo. I have no way to establish payment plan

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Your question is unclear. Please repost. I recommend that you contact an experienced Social Security Advocate who should argue that your case needs expedited handling given your risk of homelessness.

This is not a substitute for a consultation with an experienced Social Security disability attorney or advocate.


I think you werelooking for help keeping your home (?) so I have reposted under bankruptcy for you.

The exact answers to questions like this require more information than presented. The answer(s) provided should be considered general information. The information provided by this is general advice, and is not legal advice. Viewing this information is not intended to create, and does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. It is intended to educate the reader and a more definite answer should be based on a consultation with a lawyer. You should not take any action that might affect your claim without first seeking the professional opinion of an attorney. You should consult an attorney who can can ask all the appropriate questions and give legal advice based on the exact facts of your situation. The general information provided here does not create an attorney-client relationship.


Soc Sec awards can be exemptable using the Wildcard BK exemption up to $25K or so. In addition, personal injury awards are partially exemptable. If you are contemplating BK, see a BK atty before you decide, you may not have to file because it appears you are judgment proof.