Skip to main content

I have lost my I-94 , visa and passport. can I apply for I-94 without my passport? I have photocopy of passport and visa.

Boulder, CO |

I am here on the 1 visa and I am going to reapply for the passport and it takes 3 to 6 weeks to come . I have a return ticket for India on the 10th May 2013 .

I am here on the F1 visa and I have lost my I-20 also but, I got new I-20 from my university. It is not mentioned in my police report that I have lost my I-20, Is this problem for me?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Do apply for a new I-94, provide a statement of facts and attach the relevant evidence.


Passports, Visas, and Arrival-Departure Records (Form I-94 and I-94W) are official travel documents that foreign citizens coming to the United States (U.S.) must have in their possession to show their country of citizenship and legal status in the U.S.

it is always a good idea to make a copy of the passport biographic page, U.S. visa and Form I-94 as soon as possible after arrival in the U.S.

If you are a foreign citizen temporarily in the U.S., and you lose your U.S. visa, you can remain for the duration of your authorized stay, as shown on your Arrival-Departure Record (Form I-94). You will need a valid passport to depart the U.S. and to enter another country. Your I-94 is needed as you depart the U.S., to document that you are departing by the required date. If your passport with your I-94 are lost or stolen, you must get them replaced immediately.

You should also go to the local police station and report your document(s) lost or stolen. If available, you will need to provide copies of the original documents. You will be issued a police report detailing the incident. Don’t forget to make an extra copy of the report for your own records.

Also, contact the local Embassy or consular section for the country of your citizenship for information on the procedure to replace a lost or stolen passport. Most countries have Internet web sites with contact information.

For complete information log on to the DOS web site:

Law Offices of J Thomas Smith J.D., Ph.D 11500 Northwest Freeway, Suite 280 Houston, TX 77092 713-LAWYER-2


Apply for the replacement I-94. You can use photocopies of your passport. As for getting a response by the time you travel, that will be dictated by USCIS and their processing of the application. If you don't receive the I-94, then you may make an InfoPass appointment and USCIS may stamp your passport for you.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer