Skip to main content

I have legal guardianship of my aunt who is mentally disabled in las my mom wants to take care of her...

Las Vegas, NV |
Attorney answers 2


The best way to approach this problem is to retain a family lawyer/elder lawyer in Alabama, since this change has to be authorized by the court where she will be living.

Hope this helps. If you think this post was helpful, please check the thumbs up (helpful) tab below and/or designate my answer as best answer. Thanks.
Mr. Fromm is licensed to practice law in PA with offices in Philadelphia and Montgomery Counties. His phone number is 215-735-2336 or his email address is listed below.
Mr. Fromm is ethically required to state that the response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/ client relationship. Also, there are no recognized legal specialties under Pennsylvania law. Any references to a trust, estate or tax lawyer refer only to the fact that Mr. Fromm limits his practice to these areas of the law. These responses are only in the form of legal education and are intended to only provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that if known could significantly change the reply or make such reply unsuitable. Mr. Fromm strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in their state in order to ensure proper advice is received.
By using this site you understand and agree that there is no attorney client relationship or confidentiality between you and the attorney responding. This site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed attorney that practices in the subject area in your jurisdiction, who is familiar with your specific facts and all of the circumstances and with whom you have an attorney client relationship. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question or omitted from the question.
Circular 230 Disclaimer - Any information in this comment may not be used to eliminate or reduce penalties by the IRS or any other governmental agency.


Will your aunt be leaving Las Vegas? If you already have a guardianship in place, you will have to get court approval to move your aunt out of state before you do anything. Nevada recently passed the ADULT GUARDIANSHIP AND PROTECTIVE PROCEEDINGS JURISDICTION ACT which may make your job a bit easier. With that being said, I agree that you will need the assistance of a guardianship attorney to do this right.

Best of luck to you.

This information is meant only as general advice. You should consult with an attorney who can get the full facts of your situation and provide you with legal advice.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer