I have just reported a case of individual marriage fraud. Will ICE/USCIS investigate?

I supplied written documents between the two individuals involved in the fake marriage, confirming all the financial details, business arrangement, amount of money agreed in exchange for a green card. The man has been married 3 times in the US previously, he is from the UK. He is a permanent US resident, and is about to receive citizenship next month. They have a lawyer dealing with the financial transfers. I sent copies of all written documents to ICE and USCIS. Will they investigate?

Can't say for sure whether they will, but if you sent as much evidence as it sounds like you did, I hope they do!

THIS ANSWER IS FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY, DOES NOT CONSTITUTE LEGAL ADVICE, AND DOES NOT CREATE AN ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP. Immigration is complicated and the wrong action can have serious consequences. Never take action in your case based solely on general information like is offered here. Speak to an attorney who can give you specific advice about your own situation.

Emily Katherine Allen

Emily Katherine Allen

You should also report the attorney involved to the state bar in which he or she is licensed.

I hope it is investigated too! the written evidence is very extensive and very clear. I am trying to find out the attorney, not sure how to do that yet. Do individual cases of marriage fraud usually get investigated and is it worth making follow up phone call to ICE? Sorry for all the questions, I just totally disagree with marriage for purely financial/benefit gain.

Based on my experience I believe they will - or at least your letter (if it properly identifies the person(s) involved) will end up in his file at the time of his naturalization interview and may be a topic of discussion.

If a lawyer was involved the investigation will include (and maybe will focus) on him or her. That's "red meat" for ICE or CIS - as it should be.

Yes, both parties have been identified thoroughly, names, addresses, ph numbers, previous marriages going back 12 years, current girlfriends etc. the woman involved is engaged to someone else! (also confirmed in writing)

I do not know the name of the immigration lawyer involved yet, but he is handling the financial arrangements.

That is entirely up to the government.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

But are they even interested in individual cases, even if there is irrefutable written evidence of fraud?