Skip to main content

I have i-360 VAWA ( abused spouse ) pending, and I'm going to get married again.

Cleveland, OH |

i have i-360 VAWA pending ( abused spouse ) and I'm going to get married again. would it lead to denial of new i-130 and how the uscis would look at the case if i apply for I-130 and I-485 .
I love my fiancée and she love me , we live together since January and we just decide to get married .

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4

Best Answer

You are wise to seek advice on this question. Whether it is better for you to proceed with your VAWA Petition or get married, withdraw the I-360, and file and I-130/I-485 is not a simple question. It is very circumstance specific. You should sit down face to face with an experienced immigration attorney (bring a copy of your I-360 filing) and go over all the details of your new relationship and the I-360 filing. Some attorneys in Cleveland (like me) will do this initial consultation without fee. You have a lot depending on the direction you take and how well you execute that direction.

Andrew M. Bramante, Rosner Partners, 216-771-5588. Free telephone consultation. You should always consult with an experienced immigration attorney to make certain that the advice you received is appropriate for your particular immigration case.


You better send a letter withdrawing the pending I-360 before you file for adjustment of status based on your new marriage.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.


Schedule a consultation with an experienced immigration attorney near where you live before you do anything.

The answer provided here is general in nature and does not take into account other factors that may need to be reviewed for a more precise answer. You should consult with an immigration attorney before taking any action. The answer here is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship.


Re - Marriage ends the I-360 although there is no prohibition to re filing should a problem occur with the new marriage. Meet with your attorney so that you fully understand the processes for both the I130 or the I-360.


Robert Brown LLC
1468 W.9th St., Suite 800
Cleveland, Ohio 44113

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer