I have had My Green Card since 1990 and I wanted to become a U.S Citizen but I have a Criminal Record.Is that possible?

Van Nuys, CA |

I had in 1994 an account of At temped Murder in California and Assault with a deadly Weapon in Wisconsin . I was charge for them after I was try to defend Myself against My ex - spouse that would always hit Me

You definitely need an experienced immigration attorney to assist you with this.

Robert Driessen

Mr. Driessen is a former Deputy DA in Orange County with over 8 years of criminal law experience. Nothing stated on this site shall in anyway be construed as legal advice, or as creating any attorney client relationship. If you would like to hire Mr. Driessen, feel free to contact him at www.theocduiguy.com.

Do not take any action without an attorney!

I agree with my colleagues. More information is needed. Were you convicted and/or pled guilty?

I recommend an appointment with a competent and experienced immigration attorney before you file an application. It is unclear whether you can be disqualified or taken into custody, at an exam, for deportation. Good luck.

This is general information, not legal advice, and does not create an attorney client relationship.