I have full coverage in my name, but the car is in my brothers name, got into an accident my fault, would they cover it ?

Riverside, CA |

I drive my brother car, me and him live in the same address, he is overseas, I bought geico insurance, collision, liability and comprehensive, one of his cars got stolen from our house the suspect was reported the same day and the car was reported stolen, they called me a week after and demanded ransom, I agreed and met them and called 911 , they fled, I followed them, he stopped suddenly, I rearended him caused damages to both cars, the stolen car and the car I am driving are in my brothers name, , would my insurance cover both cars?? the full coverage is in my name to the car I was driving which was in my brothers name.

THE SUSPECT GOT ARRESTED FEW BLOCKS AWAY SAME NIGHT WHILE I WAS ON THE PHONE WITH 911, THE STOLEN CAR DOES NOT HAVE INSURANCE , THE CAR I WAS DRIVING HAS FULL COVERAGE, LIABILITY, COLLISSION AND COMPREHENSIVE, BOTH CARS ARE IN MY BROTHERS NAME, HE DOES NOT HAVE ANY INSURANCE IN HIS NAME, BECAUSE HE IS TAKING PAYMENTS ON BOTH CARS FROM ME, SO TECHNICALLY BOTH CARS ARE MINE BUT IN HIS NAME, WOULD THE INSURANCE COVER BOTH CARS?

Your and your brothers insurance policies may apply.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at www.serviceandjustice.com.

my brother does not have insurance on his car, I have bought insurance on his car because I drive both, would they cover the damages to the car when I drove it and rear ended teh suspect of the stolen car?

Both insurance companies would be involved, report the accident and let them sort it out; as for the "ransom" call the police.

The above answer is for information only; and does NOT constitute legal advice. This answer does not constitute, nor does it create, an attorney-client relationship between KaplunMarx, PLLC, Jonathan D. Marx and any receiver. The information provided on these pages is general only, and you should not act upon this information without consulting with a qualified attorney

IT IS ONLY ONE INSURANCE COMPANY INVOLOVED, GEICO , THE STOLEN CAR DOES NOT HAVE ANY INSURANCE BUT IT WAS MY BROTHERS CAR , THE CAR I WAS DRIVING WAS ALSO MY BROTHERS CAR BUT IT HAS FULL COVERAGE IN MY NAME FOR THE CAR, BOTH CARS GOT DAMAGED, WOULD THE GEICO COVER BOTH?

I agree with the other answers and the insurance should cover the damage as you were driving one and the other received damage while stolen.
Good Luck

If this answer was helpful, please mark as helpful below. Please be sure to indicate the best answer Only If and until you and I sign an Agreement for Legal Services, I am not your attorney. These answers are provided for informational and/or novelty purposes

even if the cars are in my brothers name ? he did not insure them because I inusred them, full coverage.

Shawn B Alexander

Shawn B Alexander

Yes make the claims and file the police reports.

This is like who's on first? You car will be covered by your insurance. Your brother's car was stolen and hit while stolen. YOU may have to pay a deductible somewhere. What happened to the other individuals, where issued a ticket or ran away? Did you call the police? Did you recover your brother's car? Too many issues left untold> Best of luck.

This answer is provided by California Accident Attorney Manuel A. Juarez, Esq., 510-206-4492. Abogado de Accidentes de Autos de California: 510-206-4492. Abogado de Lesiones de Accidentes de Autos, provides answers of a general context. These answers are not intended to form an attorney client relationship. Oakland Abogado Accidentes Autos, Abogado de Lesiones Personales, Abogado de Accidentes de carros, Abogado de accidentes de Peatones, practices in Antioch, Berkeley, Concord, Oakland, Hayward, Martinez, Newark, Richmond, San Francisco and San Rafael. El abogado de lesiones y heridos en accidentes de autos, is licensed only in California. This information is good only in California and it is not to be taken as legal advice on car accidents, personal injury, divorce, bankruptcy or in any other type of situation. Esta respuesta es del Abogado de Accidentes de Autos, Abogado de Lesiones Personales, Abogado de Heridos en Accidentes de carros, Manuel A. Juárez, 510-206-4492. Abogado Hispano de Accidentes, Abogado de Divorcios, Abogado Latino de Accidentes, Abogado de Accidentes de Oakland, Hayward, San Francisco, California. Estas respuesta son solo para información general y no consisten en consejo legal sobre divorcios, mantención de esposas, mantención de hijos o bancarrotas. Las respuestas son comentarios legales que no forman una relación de abogado y cliente. Manuel Juarez, Esq., esta licenciado solo en el Estado de California.

THE STOLEN CAR WAS RECOVERED FEW BLOCKS AWAY, THE POICE ARRESTED ONE SUSPECT , BOTH CARS ARE IN MY BROTHERS NAME, THE CAR I WAS DRIVING IS FULLY COVERED, IF YOU READ MY QUESTION IT SAYS I CALLED 911 , THEY FLED , I FOLLOWED THEM THEY SLAMMED ON BREAKS CAUSING ME TO REARENDED MY BROTHERS STOLEN CAR, WOULD THE INSURANCE COVER BOTH CARS SINCE I HAVE LIABILITY, COLLISSION AN DCOMPREHENSIVE ON THE CAR I WAS DRIVING .

Let the insurance company resolve it

LMFAO THEN WHY ARE YOU HERE?

It should