Skip to main content

I have filed Green card petition for my husband - I will complete affidavit of support I-864 for him

Hicksville, NY |

My income is not enough and I want to ask my daughter to complete form I-864a for him(for her step father). I live with my daughter and her income is what she gets as child support for her 3 kids. My income and the child support that she gets and our savings is enough for this financial support. My question is: in the household box should she count her kids or not. Because if we don't count them our household size together with intending immigrant is 3, while if we count the kids it would be 6. Please advise me the right way we should do.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


You need to count the kids


Yes, she has to list her dependent children.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.


Her children will be counted as members of the household.

Disclaimer: The information provided here is generalized and should not be relied upon as legal advice. This communication does not create an attorney-client relationship.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer