Skip to main content

I have filed form I-131 with the USCIS along with form I-485. How an when will I get my advance parole document?

Naperville, IL |

I have filed the following forms with the USCIS: I-485, I-131 and I-765. My wife has filed form 1-130. We have an interview on 3rd August with the USCIS regarding the adjustment of my immigrant status. However, I wish to travel to England between now and then for family reasons. is this possible and if so how and when will I get my advance parole document?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


You can check the most current processing timeline guidelines by going to USCIS' website at and selecting the service center with which you filed your adjustment of status package, scrolling down to see where they're at (roughly) in processing I-131s. It is possible that it may not be adjudicated before your interview in August. Even so, simply because you are granted an advance parole document does not mean that you should necessarily travel on it as, depending on your circumstances, upon leaving the US, you may trigger a bar of 3 or 10 years prohibiting your return or adjustment of status. I only recommend travel to adjustment of status applicants if it is absolutely necessary. Be sure to check with an experienced immigration attorney before leaving the country should your I-131 be approved before your interview. Either way, do not leave the country without an approved I-131 as your adjustment of status application will be considered abandoned if you do and you'll have to start over. Best of luck! Amy L. Becerra, Esq.,

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer