Skip to main content

I have filed for a divorce but don't want to divorce now . just want to have visitation with my son

Fort Worth, TX |
Attorney answers 3


I think that the ball is in your court, since you were the one who filed. If you can work it out, I commend you! Unless you get visitation from her directly, you won't have any until you get it ordered by a court, however.

Good luck.

The above is not intended to be legal advice, but may be used for general information. Please contact an attorney for specific help tailored to your needs.



do you need to get divorced to get it ordered by a court


Divorces can be very emotional. You filed for divorce, so if she hasn't filed a counter-petition you can non-suit your case. However, your possession of your son would be dependent upon her. With a court order there are consequences for not allowing visitation. If she has a boyfriend, I would suggest moving ahead with your divorce so that this is behind you. Best of luck to you.


She's seeing someone else already and you don't want a divorce? Is that correct? Visitation with you son can be worked out as part of a divorce proceeding. I strongly advise you to contact a Texas divorce lawyer to discuss what you want and what your options are.

Disclaimer: This email message in no way creates an attorney client relationship between Majeski Law, LLC and the recipient. Responses are general in nature and do not constitute legal advice. You should consult a lawyer regarding any specific legal matter.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer