Skip to main content

I have federal probation for 2 years and i been out of jail for 3 months and got a dui

Compton, CA |
Attorney answers 5


Probably. Federal sentencing is no joke. You will have a revocation hearing where you will answer for the violation of the terms of your probation. You may end up going back to federal custody to finish your sentence.

You definitely need to hire a private lawyer there in LA.

Clark County, NV practitioner.


It will depend on the nature of the federal offense and the terms and conditions of that probation. You'll defintely want to consult with an attorney before making any decisions about the DUI case.


Probably. Seek counsel..


I agree with other counsel. Who was your attorney on the federal case? He may be in the best position to help you. If not, Id be happy to discuss the matter with you.

Essentially you would be best served retaining an attorney for both the DUI and for the probation hearing should you be violated.


As for violating your federal probation, you could quite possibly get returned to prison for violating your federal probation. This is a serious situation. As for a first time DUI (if it is a first), absent certain circumstances (accident, high BAC, minor in the car, excessive speeding, etc.), most first time DUI offenders in California don't get jail on a first offense. If it is a second offense, if probation is granted, a minimum of 96 hours in jail is required on conviction. Some DAs and judges want more depending on the jurisdiction. You definitely need a federal lawyer right away and a DUI lawyer as well.

The response above does not form an attorney-client relationship. This answer may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. The attorney does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications. This attorney may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer