Skip to main content

I have dual citizenship in US and in HK. My fiancee is Canadian, how can I become a Canadian without losing my citizenships?

Flushing, NY |

Im born in hk, living in ny. I have dual citizenship. My fiancee wants me to move to Canada. But I don't want to lose my citizenship. can I obtain Triple citizenship after we get married?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


You'll need to pose this question to a lawyer practicing Canadian law. Lawyers on avvo answer questions about US laws.

The information offered is general in nature and not meant to be relied upon as legal advice. Please consult an attorney prior to making legal decisions. Visit us at Contact us at 713.335.5505 or email at Veronica Tunitsky offers in-person, as well as telephone and email consultations.


US does not care. You need to speak with the Canadian attorney

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.


Attorneys on Avvo practice US law. They cannot advise you on the laws and requirements of other countries.

You need to contact an attorney in the country in question.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.