Skip to main content

I have DACA. Can I fly in the country with only my Employment Authorization Card?

Santa Ana, CA |

I applied to get my State ID but it has not been sent in the mail yet. Since it won't arrive on time, I want to know if I can fly from LA to San Francisco with only my Employment Authorization Card. It has my picture ID. I also have my DMV receipt of my State ID application.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


Take your passport too.

Due to the nature of this forum, I often do not have all the information required to provide legal advice. Accordingly, my responses on Avvo are intended as general and not legal advice.


You should take your passport, your EAD, and your I-797 letter from USCIS saying you were approved for DACA.

Good luck.

Christy Han Mohan, A Law Corporation
Immigration Attorney
19800 MacArthur Blvd., Suite 1000, Irvine, CA 92612
Phone: 949.222.5900

This is not legal advice, no guarantees/warranties have been made, and no attorney/client relationship has been formed.