I have court in will county IL on monday. I have a warrant in dupage county. will they arrest me in court on monday.

Mokena, IL |

Alright i have a warrant in Dupage county IL. I have court on Monday in will county, IL. will they be able to see if i have a warrant in Dupage county at will county. The tickets i got were driving on a suspended license an no insurance but i have insurance now and a driving license. I am going to file a motion to quash warrant today.

Whether your DuPage warrant will be discovered will depend upon why you are in court in Will County on Monday. Some courts will run a check. Others will not.

If they know about the warrant they will arrest you.

If it's your first appearance in Will, there's a good chance the state has run a background check. If they did that after the DuPage warrant was issued, then they will be aware of the warrant and there is a good chance you'll be taken into custody. Bring your copy of the Motion to Quash that you filed in DuPage and if you can, bring a lawyer as well. If you have not contacted an experienced criminal defense attorney, you should do so. Most of us provide free consultations. www.galivanlaw.net

Judy A. Goldstein

Judy A. Goldstein

This is correct, assuming that the asker in in court in Will County for a criminal matter. The asker did not say why he will be in Will County.

Daniel G. Galivan

Daniel G. Galivan

Good point. He did not specify which county the suspended license and no insurance charges are in; I just assumed based upon the way the original question was phrased. So I agree, if he's not in criminal or traffic court in Will Co, they'll have no reason to do a background check.