Skip to main content

I have burns from a spa

Yonkers, NY |

I had an armpit waxing done about 3weeks ago and notice I have burns covering both armpits the day after? I haven't been to any doctor or phoned the spa since that day can I sue them?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 10


As everyone knows, you can sue anyone for just about anything. The issue is whether you can recover. Unless the burns serious it is highly unlikely that you would recover. You would need to prove your case with medical records. Since you did not deem the burns serious enough to see a doctor I doubt they were enough to make a lawsuit, or even a claim worthwhile.

Best of luck.

Mr. Pascale is licensed to practice law in the State of New York. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and time-lines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Pascale strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in their state in order to insure proper advice is received.


This will likely, and most fortunately, pass. Nevertheless, be precautionary. Take photographs and go see your doctor. Waiting 3 weeks does not help you (or, potentially, a case).

Personal injury cases only; I'm good at it; you be the Judge! All information provided is for informational and educational purposes only. No attorney client relationship has been formed or should be inferred. Please speak with a local and qualified attorney. I truly wish you and those close to you all the best. Jeff


It can only be assumed that with the passage of 3 weeks the burns (actually, rashes ?) are getting better in appearance, not worse, otherwise you would have been expected to have gone for medical treatment. Additionally, and although it has been suggested that you take photos, it will again be presumed that the "burns" do not look anywhere as bad as they did immediately following the waxing; and likely have fades - at least to some extent. The point of all of this is to address not whether you have a legal claim against the salon (questionable, at best - meaning it could go either way), but to address the realities of your situation. And that reality is, respectfully, that your injuries appear to be minor and therefore the cost in expenses and time to prosecute this type of claim would more than likely outweigh any type of compesatory recovery you could hope to obtain, even if successful.


If you sustained permanent injuries than you should consult an attorney to investigate the incident and advise you.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at


Depending on the severity of the burns and whether they result in permanent scarring, you may have something worth pursuing.

I suggest you contact a local medical malpractice attorney. You can find one here on Avvo. Good luck.

The aforementioned opinion does not constitute legal advice and is for general educational purposes only. See an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction for competent legal advice. No attorney-client relationship has been formed through the within legal question and answer session.


You should certainly consult with the physician if your condition does not subside on its own. You should be aware, however, that laser hair removal has the potential to result in a condition called hyper pigmentation. This is not only a known potential result but most spas typically include an advanced notice of that possible side effect within their paperwork when you become a customer. Thus, it may be unlikely that you are entitled to recovery but if you are unsure seek legal counsel who can assist you.

I am a former Assistant Corporation Counsel to the City of New York and New York City Police and Fire Departments. I now handle all types of civil litigation, personal injury matters, divorces cases and family law issues (including, but not limited to, custody, visitation and child support). Feel free to contact me at (845) 735-1300 or through my email at The above answer is for informational purposes only and not meant to be legal advice. If you found this comment “helpful”, please mark it as such.


If you have an injury, then you should see a doctor. You can also see an attorney about the possibility of a lawsuit. Since you have waited three weeks to see a doctor, it is unlikely that the injury will be worthwhile for an attorney to pursue. Good luck.

If this answer is helpful, then please mark the helpful button. If this is the best answer, then please indicate it. Thanks. For further information you should see an attorney and discuss the matter completely. If you are in the New York City area, then you can reach me during normal business hours at 718 329 9500 or


If the burns are serious, have a local personal injury lawyer investigate.


If you're injured, seek medical treatment and an experienced personal injury attorney to investigate further. Your biggest hurdles will likely be proving that the spa caused the injuries as well as proving that your damages are severe enough to warrant the expenses of a case. Best of luck.

The above is general information only and is not legal advice. The information provided does not form an attorney-client relationship, and should not be relied upon to take or refrain from taking any action. I am not your attorney until we sign a retainer agreement.


This is not uncommon, it will probably go away after a week with no scars. If it does not you should see a doctor and possibly sue if there is permanent damage or scarring as lawyers will not take a case without serious injury.