Skip to main content

I have bench warrant for Fta can I not go to jail

Chula Vista, CA |

I have Benchwarrant mis Fta on my dv review and progress wich i have my cirtificate of graduate 52 weeks and progress reportI thought it was today not last week and reasonI lost the hand made peace of paper the court put my next court date on i. Wasnt even a proper form I have no prior Fta

+ Read More

Attorney answers 6


You need to reolve the warrant, the longer t takes the worse it looks. Get to the court with the documents they want. Hire an attirney to help... If it was a minor mistake the court will take it into consideration but take care of it nw...

This is for general information only. Nothing in this information should be construed as creating an attorney-client relationship nor shall any of this information be construed as providing legal advice. Laws change over time and differ from state to state. These answers are based on California Law.Applicability of the legal principles discussed may differ substantially in individual situations. You should not act upon the information presented herein without consulting an attorney about your particular situation. No attorney-client relationship is established.


I agree, the longer you wait the worse it will be. One of us local Avvo attorneys can take care of this for you if it is not a felony. If you haven't been violated before on probation there should not be any problem as far as you needing to go to jail.

I will be happy to speak with you at no cost with a FREE phone consultation if you have a San Diego or California matter. Please call my office at 619-238-1905 or visit my website at


If you are complying with your classes and you motion your case up, there is a good chance you will not go to jail. As a rule, you should never just let your case move into bench warrant status. If you didn't complete the program on time, always ask the Judge for more time. This method is much better than just not going.

Seth Weinstein, Esq.
Practicing throughout Southern California
(310) 707-7131

This reply should NOT be considered a legal opinion of your case / inquiry. At this time I do not have sufficient factual/legal documentation to give a complete answer to your question and there may be more to the issues you raised then I have set out in my brief reply.


You need to resolve this as soon as possible. You should contact the attorney who originally handled the matter for you and have the case placed on calendar to lift the warrant as soon as possible.

Law Office of Andrew Limberg, APLC 380 S. Melrose Dr., #329 Vista, CA 92081 (760) 806-4381


Contact your original attorney or their office and make sure this is dealt was ASAP. The initial reason why you weren't in court can be explained, but continued delay in resolving the issue cannot.

Law Offices of David Shapiro 3555 4th Avenue San Diego, CA 92103 (619) 295-3555


Have a lawyer schedule your appearance , produce your completion of the course and the bench warrant will be recalled . If no prior FTA's , your attorney should be able to keep you out.