The cable company shows that I cancelled service in April 2010. They continued to bill me for a year, even as I tried to stop them. The company now admits it was a billing error, but also says they can not remove it. Since the money was not collected, my credit has been destroyed.
I have proof of residence change from the Post Office, and also a letter from the landlord saying the date I moved. During my struggle to settle things over the phone, I was told twice that I would be sent a fraud packet. Their system shows those transactions were cancelled because technically it wasn't fraud, it was an error.