Skip to main content

I have been working 2 positions at my job but only getting paid for 1...

Worcester, MA |
Attorney answers 2


Yes! You should visit the Attorney General's Wage and Hour Division and file a Complaint. If you prevail in a Wage action, you will be awarded your attorneys fees and three times the amount you have been underpaid. Do not hesitate to contact my office if I can be of any assistance in the preparation and filing of a claim.


It depends on the nature of your employment relationship. So long as you are paid minimum wage and overtime (where applicable) and your contract for employment or collective bargaining agreement do not differ, you are not entitled to two paychecks for the same hours. I'd suggest you review the situation with an attorney.

Jay M. Wolman
Jay M. Wolman, Esq.
D'Angelo & Hashem, LLC
6 Beacon St., Suite 505
Boston, MA 02108
(617) 624-9777 (ph)
(617) 624-0999 (fax)
Admitted to practice in MA, NY & DC

The information presented in this response is not intended to form an attorney-client relationship nor is the colloquy protected by an attorney-client privilege or work-product rule. The answer provided is based solely on the minimal facts presented in the inquiry and represents only a preliminary and hypothetical response and analysis. It is not to be considered as legal advice and is for information purposes only. If you wish specific legal advice and recommendations about your particular situation, contact an attorney to schedule a consultation. This is not intended to constitute legal advertising or solicitation, but rather to educate.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer