Skip to main content

I have been told that if I leave the country between my interview and the oath, they may re-examine my case. True?

Altadena, CA |

I have a family vacation in August. Have not received a letter for July 26th oath. The next oath is August 21st. Could I leave in between those two dates and not risk a whole re-examination, which would then prolong the process? Is there still a chance I might get a letter for the 26th? Someone I know who had their interview a day before me just got theirs on Monday...

+ Read More

Filed under: Immigration
Attorney answers 3


True, they can re-examine your file if you're gone too long.

No one can tell you when the interview will take place.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- -- -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.


Schedule an infopass, go talk with the officers, see if they will let you take the oath in July.

Business Immigration Attorney. For H, L, J, EB5s, PERM and EB1/2/3 Petitions. Call 800-688-7892 or visit Law Office of Anu Gupta. The advice suggested here is for general information only and not to be construed as legal advice.


True, as trips can impact eligibility.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer