Skip to main content

I have been searching for immigration forum but couldn't find anywhere, what website am i looking for and in what states? Thanks

Gainesville, GA |

I have aggravated felony and served for 17 years and half for states and federal, arrested on 1991 and release at 2006. I came to United States since 1981. Can I still use the form 212c?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


If you pled guilty on or before April 1, 1997, you may be eligibile for 212(c) waiver. This is very fact-specific inquiry, so you should definitely need to speak with an experienced immigration attorney.

Contact attorney Gintare Grigaite, Esq. at 201-471-7989, located in New York and New Jersey. Answers on AVVO do not constitute legal advice and do not form attorney-client relationship. Always consult an attorney for a legal advice.


There is no form 212c. It is a type of immigration relief. No immigration forum is going to help you with your issue, it is way to complicated. You will need to speak with and retain an immigration attorney if you want to have any chance of remaining in the US. My firm handles criminal immigration matters.
Nicklaus Misiti
Law Offices of Nicklaus Misiti
212 537 4407

Legal disclaimer: The statement above is general in nature, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.


Unfortunately I doubt that you will get help from a forum. I would suggest obtaining a certified criminal disposition and taking that for a consultation with a very experienced criminal immigration attorney in your area.

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.


You will not find answers online. Consult with an immigration attorney for a review of your conviction record and immigration history.


17 years in prison?

This response in no way establishes attorney/client privilege or relationship.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer