Skip to main content

I have been psyically threatened by another student in front of an instructor and now im being told im possably facing suspencio

Colorado Springs, CO |

i know the school has a 0 tollerence pollacy aginst violence and this is a breach of contract with wyotech what can i do

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


I would sit down and talk with an attorney (most give free consultations) to review the policies and procedures of the school and to learn exactly what behavior the school is concerned about. If you are the victim of the bullying and the instructor can verify that, I am unsure as to why you are looking at suspension.

The information provided in this answer does not create an attorney-client relationship. If you are interested in his legal services, feel free to call Chris at (303) 409-7635 at his law office in the Denver Tech Center. All initial consultations are free of charge.


It seems likely that there is a factual dispute at the bottom of this situation or else you would not be facing potential school discipline.

In all events, it is unlikely that there is a potential damages action available to you. More likely, you will have administrative appeal rights against any charges that the school may bring and any discipline that the school may impose. You will have the right to counsel in that situation, but not at public or school expense and most likely you will need to retain counsel on an hourly fee basis. In the absence of a claim for damages and a likely basis for high recovery (both very unlikely in student discipline matters), there is no basis for a contingency fee agreement for legal services.

No legal advice here. READ THIS BEFORE you contact me! My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must not be relied upon as if they were legal advice. I give legal advice ONLY in the course of a formal attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by joint execution of a written agreement for legal services. My law firm does not provide free consultations. Please do not call or write to me with a “few questions” that require me to analyze the specific facts of your history and your license application and prescribe for you how to get a State license. Send me an email to schedule a paid Consultation for that kind of information, direction, and assistance. My law firm presently accepts cases involving State and federal licenses and permits; discipline against State and federal licenses; and disciplinary and academic challenges to universities, colleges, boarding schools, and private schools. We take cases of wrongful termination or employment discrimination only if the claims involve peace officers, universities or colleges.