Skip to main content

I have been in a domestic partnership for 10 years it's ending what should I do?

Palm Desert, CA |

My domestic partner and I commingled money in real estate venture without any paperwork .The relationship is ending and now it's a horable mess. What path should I take.Preferably not hostile. The property is in her name not mine.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


You're smart to keep this friendly. Are you registered domestic partners? If you are, you can file a petition for dissolution. There are several excellent lawyers on Avvo. Hire one to advise you as to how to proceed.


How you do this is you hire a lawyer MEDIATOR --or collaborative lawyers.. Frankly I'd use Divorcenet NOT Avvo. You may also need a Certified Divorce Financial analyst. See link below.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer