Skip to main content

I have been falsely accused of something by someone on my job what do I need to do?

Huntsville, AL |

An email was sent to my Project Manager that there was a confrontation with me and another individual but his was not the case. There was three of us present and no one stated any of this so I believe this is coming from someone or somewhere else.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


Discuss it with the HR dept


You need to provide additional facts for any attorney to provide you with accurate information about your case.

The information provided herein is for informational purposes and should not be construed to establish an attorney client relationship. To establish such a relationship, the prospective client would need to meet with me in person, and have a detailed discussion about all the facts and circumstances surrounding your case.


Not clear from the limited info provided whether you have a viable defamation claim.


Unsure what actually happened to you. Feel free to call me in Huntsville if you have a question.

The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Alabama. Responses are based solely on Alabama law unless stated otherwise.


Just chill and wait and see what develops. Not every complaint or remark will support a legal claim or action. There is nothing about the statement you report that would support a claim for defamation against anyone, nor any claim for employer misconduct.

Sometimes people make statements that are wrong, or are exaggerated or mistaken in some respect because of the subjectivity of their perspective. That doesn't make the statement defamation, and it doesn't make the statement compensable. What is more, the employer is not required by law to believe you, even in the absence of proof. Don't make more of this than it is.

No legal advice here. READ THIS BEFORE you contact me! My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must not be relied upon as if they were legal advice. I give legal advice ONLY in the course of a formal attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by joint execution of a written agreement for legal services. My law firm does not provide free consultations. Please do not call or write to me with a “few questions” that require me to analyze the specific facts of your history and your license application and prescribe for you how to get a State license. Send me an email to schedule a paid Consultation for that kind of information, direction, and assistance. My law firm presently accepts cases involving State and federal licenses and permits; discipline against State and federal licenses; and disciplinary and academic challenges to universities, colleges, boarding schools, and private schools. We take cases of wrongful termination or employment discrimination only if the claims involve peace officers, universities or colleges.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer