I have been falsely accused by my now ex girlfriend of many terrible things, she is bipolar and this is the result of bipolar

New York, NY |

My ex as falsely accused me because she has very severe bipolar mood swings . She never went this far . In the past she would scream , and even once she punched me , but that only happened 3 times in 4 - months . I never retaliated of course . I just always forgave her since these happened in crazy spurts , she had those about once a week . But now she went all the way to call the cops on me and completely invented stories , terrible stories . We had a small verbal argument , my roommates were in the next room and heard everything , and she then left . 20 min later the cops came to my place and arrested me without any proof other than what she claimed . she claimed I attacked her , choked her , that she passed out and somehow ran away from me as I was trying to rape her ! ! ! I got arrested !

Your post describes a situation but fails to ask any question. You should discuss the facts that you have presented to your attorney so that your defense can be appropriately presented at trial.

My question is, do I need to prove she is bi polar? Can her condition be used to prove she is lying?

Speak with your criminal defense lawyer and stay away from her forever. She is bad news.

If this answer is helpful, then please mark the helpful button. If this is the best answer, then please indicate it. Thanks. For further information you should see an attorney and discuss the matter completely. If you are in the New York City area, then you can reach me during normal business hours at 718 329 9500 or www.mynewyorkcitylawyer.com.

Do I need to prove she is bi polar? Can her condition be used to prove she is lying?

Hire a criminal defense lawyer and give him/her as much detail on your ex' medical condition as it can be used to undermine her credibility.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense and personal injury/civil rights cases. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me at (212) 577-9797 or via email at Eric@RothsteinLawNY.com. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. The above answer is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

Eric Edward Rothstein

Eric Edward Rothstein

Discuss this with the lawyer who ends up representing you.

Proper documentation and evidence assembled by our defense counsel should yield positive results if what you say can be shown.

If you found this "helpful" or "best answer," please click it with my appreciation. My response is for educational purposes and does not constitute legal advice which requires all the details, nor creates an attorney client relationship.