Skip to main content

I have been extorted into committing insurance fraud.

Glendora, CA |

A male friend began to rent part of my house. He paid about one months rent in the beginning. And I was willing to help him out and lend him money. We only had a verbal rental agreement. He broke many promises to pay me back. As I resisted giving him more he demanded. Until he had a plan to commit insurance fraud. I now realize he planned all along that I would be committing the felony. When I tried to stay out of it he threatened to kill me which he now denies of course. He kept demanding money or else he would turn me in. I got to where I had no money to give any more, I am in huge dept. I plan to turn myself in. Is there any hope for me? He is clever and records conversations, keeping what is incriminating of me and discarding any that incriminate him. I have no record.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 6


Wow. I am really sorry to hear this. You need to get this guy out of your house, first of all. Consider filing an unlawful detainer action against him pronto. I would need to know more to discuss the insurance fraud with you. You should not post anything incriminating on this site. Talk to one of us confidentially instead. Good luck.

Free consultation. Direct line- 855-637-0938 .24/7. Video/Phone/In-Person. I provide my clients with honest, thoughtful advice and diligent, vigorous representation in a number of practice areas. I serve Ventura, Los Angeles, Orange, Santa Barbara and San Diego Counties. I wouldn't take any of my answers on as legal advice since there are still too many factors that need to be discussed before I can give you a reliable opinion.


First and foremost, stop posting details on any website, and further, do not discuss any facts of this case with anyone other than an attorney. You should contact an experienced criminal defense attorney, who will require additional information from you, and then formulate a plan and a defense on your behalf.

Ideally, you should contact an attorney who has handled these types of cases in the past. Best of luck to you.


What a bind to be in! You are going to definitely have to face the facts, but more importantly you should first speak to an attorney in detail about this prior to making any decisions.

Elliot Zarabi

Elliot Zarabi 213-612-7720 This answer does not constitute full legal advise. I do not know the full details of the case and therefore cannot make a full determination on your case or your answer. I always recommend speaking to an attorney in detail regarding your case.


You are in serious trouble and need an advocate on your side. I strongly encourage you to meet with a few attorneys before you turn yourself in because you may find that you will be holding the bag and you alone. You have been setup in a carefully planned crime. You need assistance in doing this right. Good luck.
for Fairness / for Your Freedom
(800) 409-7010

The response above is not intended as legal advice since it’s impracticable to provide thorough, accurate advice based upon the query without additional details. It is highly recommended that one should seek advice from a criminal defense attorney licensed in your jurisdiction by setting up a confidential meeting. Moreover, this response does not constitute the creation of an attorney-client relationship since this message is not a confidential communication because it was posted on a public website, thereby publicly disclosing the information, which is another reason to setup a confidential meeting with an attorney.


My colleagues are right. You need good counsel, and fast. Take action now.


As I understand you have not yet been charged with a crime nor are you necessarily being investigated for a crime. You "believe" you may have committed insurance fraud but you are not a lawyer and don't know what constitutes a crime. Stop posting here or anywhere else and run don't walk to a good criminal defense attorney. You may be completely innocent, you may have viable defenses. Stay calm and let an aggressive attorney be your mouthpiece. Don't talk to anyone - friends, enemies, family, colleagues or this maniac tenant about this - speak only to an attorney in private. Good luck